Saturday, November 8, 2008

Planning for Egypt

In a little over a week I'll be leaving for three weeks in Egypt. As usual, I'll be journaling about my trip. I have a camera, but find that taking photos distracts me from the sights, sound and textures of my travel experience. I force myself to snap a few photos, but only to illustrate my thoughts recorded in a travel journal.

Last month I pulled out an old journal of a trip to the Virgin Islands. What a joy to re-experience that journey through descriptions recorded as they were happening! I look forward to having the same recorded memories of this trip to Egypt, and at the suggestion of an avid blogger friend, I'll be sharing those experiences with family, friends and interested online travel enthusiasts.

...and yes there will be photos.
More in a week and a half as my journey begins.
Joanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Kath is waiting.Talked to her on skype
Ed

Anonymous said...

love you mommy